Thursday, February 15, 2007

Linda's Winged Cup

A new coffee shop just opened up in the Brookside/Waldo area. It is at the corner of Gregory and Oak, right around the corner from SRO video. It is in the space that Makiatos Espresso Cafe was in.

Kai and I dropped in the other day. It looks a lot like Makiatos did. It is very clean and upscale. There is a lot of fancy art for sale on the walls. They have the nicest bathroom that I have ever seen in a coffee place. It had a scented candle going and the paper towels were neatly folded up in a wicker basket. The place is a really a little nicer and more upscale than I am used to.

The service is great, much better than when Makiatos was there. Some of the kids who worked at Makiatos seemed to really hate being pryed away from their books.

We met the owner Linda and her son Collin. Collin was the barista that day. They are cash only and all I had was a credit card. Collin told me not to worry about it and I could pay next time. They told us a little about themselves and that they lived in the neighborhood.

The coffee and cookies are good, what you would expect at a nice coffee place, but it's a little fancier than I like. Me and the kids will probably stop by every now and then because we live close by. If you want a nice place to have a relaxing cup of coffee where the service is great, then Linda's is for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe - thanks for writing about this place. I went there this afternoon when I couldn't find parking at the Roasterie, and was really happy with the coffee. I told Linda that I read about her coffee shop on your blog, and got a few pictures of her and her place for my blog.

I wouldn't have gone there if I hadn't read about it on your blog this morning, so thanks again!

Lynn

Cindy Powers said...

The Winged Cup is a very cool coffee shop and I love the paintings on the walls. They have great chai lattes too!

Anonymous said...

What are the hours? I've been trying to go and can't figure out when it is open?